- 1 package angel food cake mix
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 1 envelope non-dairy topping mix (dry)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Prepare angel food cake mix according to package directions. Cool. Slice into thirds across the cake (not vertically).
2. Partially thaw frozen strawberries and drain, saving 3/4 cup of the juice. Prepare non-dairy topping mix (dry) according to the package directions and mix with the strawberries (reserving 6 strawberries to use as a garnish on the top). Spread the topping mixture between the 3 layers.
3. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch with the reserved strawberry juice and cook over medium heat until the mixture boils and begins to thicken. Arrange the reserved fruit on the top and drizzle the glaze over the top.