Cherry Chocolate Fondue...a nice dessert for after feasts !
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 (6-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, well drained and quartered (reserve juice)
- 2 (15.25-ounce) cans Bartlett pear slices in heavy syrup, drained
- 1 pound cake or angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
1. Place chocolate pieces and whipping cream in a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave for 1 minute or until chips are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in cherries and reserved cherry juice.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into fondue pot.
3. Use fondue forks or wooden picks to dip pear slices and cake cubes into chocolate mixture. Great dessert to taste !