- 1 (12-ounce) can skimmed evaporated milk
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 fresh apricots (3/4 pound), diced
- 1 1/2 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine milk and gelatin in large saucepan. Heat, stirring often, until gelatin dissolves.
2. Add sugar; heat until it dissolves. Using a wire whisk, stir in apricots, nectar, yogurt, and vanilla. Cool.
3. Pour mixture into ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Makes about 2 quarts....hmm cool taste of ice cream !