- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons passion fruit, crushed
1. In a medium bowl blend together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 10 minutes and cool to room temperature before filling.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese with 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each. Gradually add in flour, grated lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla. Set aside.
3. In a small pre-chilled bowl whip cream until stiff. In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold in egg whites and whipped cream into cheese mixture. Stir in crushed passion fruit then pour the mixture into prepared crust and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool, in the oven with the door ajar, to room temperature, then chill. ...and the dessert is ready for a great after feast ! Enjoy !