- 1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (12-ounce) packages STOUFFER'S® Harvest Apples
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1. Beat spice cake mix and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer according to package directions. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
2. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
3. Thaw escalloped apples in microwave oven at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes.
4. Beat cream cheese, cinnamon, and apple juice in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in escalloped apples until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
5. Cut cake into 4 1/2 x 1/2-inch slices. Place one-fourth of cake in a 4 quart trifle dish or bowl; top with 1 3/4 cups apple mixture. Repeat layers, ending with apple mixture. Chill, if desired. and the dessert is ready to serve..enjoy !